Sometimes it’s hard to perfectly sum up exactly how we feel about our dogs, but a few famous quotes have done this so beautifully that you won’t have to.
Here is some of the most elegant, heart-warming quotes about your dog, life, love, loss, and inspiration. Learn more about the most loyal dogs and the calmest dog breeds.
1. “The Best Therapist has fur and four legs.”
Credit: Golden Stars Photography
2.”One way to get the most out of life, is to look upon it as an Adventure”
– William Feather
3. “Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.”
– Roger Caras
4. “Money can buy you a fine dog, but only love can make him wag his tail.”
– Kinky Friedman
5. “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love unconditionally as a dog.”
- M.K. Clinton
Credit: wireless electric dog fence
6. “My Dog is my Heart.”
7. “Such short little lives our pets have to spend with us, & they spend most of it waiting for us to come home each day.”
- John Grogan
8. When I look into the eyes of an animal I do not see an animal. I see a living being. I see a friend. I feel a soul.
- AD. Williams
9. Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.
- Anatole France
10. “A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself”
- Josh Billings
11. When I look into the eyes of an animal I do not see an animal. I see a living being. I see a friend. I feel a soul.
- A.D. Williams
12. You know, a dog can snap you out of any kind of bad mood that you’re in faster than you can think of.
- Jill Abramson
13. For me a house or an apartment becomes a home when you add one set of four legs, a happy tail, and that indescribable measure of love that we call a dog.
– Roger Caras
14. My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies. It comes from the love that’s in my dogs eyes.
15. “When an eighty-five pound mammal licks your tears away, then tries to sit on your lap, it’s hard to feel sad.”
16. “It’s not what we have in life, but who we have in our lives that matters”
17. “No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you feel rich.”
– Louis Sabin
18. “Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you’re never friendless ever, if you have a dog.”
19. “What a beautiful world it would be… If people had hearts like dogs.”
20. “Bliss is the result of a silent conversation between me and my dog”
21. “The first dog is the dog who gives you so much that the first dog is often the reason for the second dog.”
22. “Dogs laugh, but they laugh with their tails.”
23. Dogs are our link to paradise. They don’t know evil… or jealousy… or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring… … it was peace.
– Milan Kundera
24. “Some things just fill your heart with trying”
25. “If I could be half the person my dog is, I’d be twice the human I am”
- Charles Yu
26. “There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.”
- Ben Williams
27. “Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them, and filling the emptiness we didn’t ever know we had”
– Thom Jones
28. “Petting, scratching, and cuddling a dog could be as soothing to the mind as deep meditation and almost as good for the soul as prayer”
– Dean Koontz
29. “Such short little lives our pets have to spend with us, and they spend most of it waiting for us to come home each day”
– John Grogan
24 thoughts on “29 Inspirational Dog Quotes about Life and Love”
Very inspiring indeed!
Really inspiring, loved the last one 🙂 🙂
you pay little love , he will multiply it.
This kind of post is really helpfull for day to day life……
Dogs are just wonderful pets. They will always be there for you and protect you and of course they are cute but most importantly they will never love someone as much as they love you. I always wanted a dog because they are loyal, cute and always protect you and what I said earlier is that they will always be there for you.
I love this.Like a couple of years ago my first dog died in a car accident and I was heartbroken for months.But we got another dog named Buttercup and she almost died because of worms in her stomach and crowded quarters in the pound.But she pulled through and she’s healthy.I love her so, so much.You’ll never find a better companion than in a dog…
If you don’t shed a tear for these quotes you are not human🐕
Great beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your website, how can i subscribe for a blog web site?
The account helped me a applicable deal. I have been a little
bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered vibrant transparent concept
These quotes are beautiful. They made my evening and my life. I have had a dog or dogs since I was a 3 and my dad died. At one time my husband and I had 7 dogs, 9 cats and 2 horses. My aunt died and left us 5 cats and my father in law left us a dog. They well all indoor animals except of course for the horses. When my husband and I worked my 90 year old aunt would come and spend the day with them. What a blessing
I love dogs they are amazing, they help people, they are super loving, and there are different shapes and sizes. If someone says they hate dogs…. I hate them ;-;.
love the stuff, I really enjoyed these quotes about a dog, I would like to suggest you in my blog and I also have some really adorable pics of dog. spread love and happiness
That’s true… Anybody can’t find a true best friend like a dog…. And dog doesn’t accept the man that who have bad heart…… Dogs are so loverble……♡♡♡♡
Dogs are part of my life . I am all of there’s . Treat them as such with all the love they deserve . They are your children and need to be cared for in the same way .
Baz with two sprockers 🙂
Thanks for this
I LOST MY LOVE TODAY ONLY… AND THESE QUOTES JUST REMINDED ME THE BEST DAYS OF MY LIFE.. LOVE YOU TUBBY TO THE MOON AND BACK.. MAY GOD BLESS HIS SOUL
I lost my sunshine on 21st May when I was onboard at sea and my mom informed me about it. It was worst thing ever happened in last 10 years. Going home would be difficult this time…
These quotes just remind me of her..I hope she’s happy wherever she is and stealing lots of potatoes and having lots of mangoes.
I lost My doggy some days before but still she is in my heart . And these quotes are really wonderful and romantic for a Doggo lover.
I enjoyed going to your webiste. I rarely leave comments,
you definately up deserve a thumbs!
Nice article, thank you for sharing this information..it was amazing.
I Loved dogy
Hey Thanks, For Your Post. Your Post remembers My about dogy. I Loved Hi-So Much, But He Is no More at this time. I Missed You Jimmy(My Dogy)
Amazing article. Very cute Dog quote